Using your own Dropbox App is optional. For an easy setup you can just use the default App of the plugin itself. The advantage of using your own app is limited, but you can for example see some usage statistics.
NOTICE: If you encounter any issues when trying to use your own App with Out-of-the-Box, please fall back on the default App by emptying the Client ID & Secret on the Plugins settings page.
To create your own Dropbox App complete these steps:
- Go to the Dropbox Developers Console
- Create a new app
- Section (1) -> Choose Scoped Access
- Section (2) ->
- Choose Full Dropbox if the plugin should be able to access your complete Dropbox
- Or choose App Folder if the plugin should only be able to access the folder /Apps/YourAppName. Please not that it isn't possible to share folders inside the App folder
- Section (3) -> Enter the name of your App
- Press Create App
- In the Settings section, find your App Key and Secret. Enter those details on the Advanced Tab on the Main Plugin settings page.
- Save the main plugin settings page
- Copy the OAuth 2.0 Redirect URI that is listed on the main plugin settings page
- Insert this url in the Redirect URIs field in the settings section of your newly created app and press Add
- Disable Allow public clients (Implicit Grant)
- Submit the changes
- On the Permissions tab, select the following scopes
- Authorize the plugin via the Add Account button on the Dashboard tab of the main plugin settings page