Using your own Google App is optional. For an easy setup you can just use the default App of the plugin itself. The advantage of using your own app is limited, but you can for example see some usage statistics and if you are using SSL it is also safer to use your own Google App.
NOTICE: If you encounter any issues when trying to use your own App with Use-your-Drive, please fall back on the default App by emptying the Client ID & Secret on the Plugins settings page.
To create your own Google App complete these steps:
- Go to the Google Developers Console
- Create a new project
- In the sidebar on the left (via ☰), select API Manager,
- In the API Manager, click on Library and find the Drive API and URL Shortener. Click on both APIs and press enable API
- In the sidebar on the left, select Credentials
- Select OAuth consent screen on top
- Insert at least a Product Name and select an email address (don't forget it, or you will get an 'Invalid Client' error). Also add The following scopes for the Google APIs:
profile, email, Google Drive API (../auth/drive), URL Shortener (../auth/urlshortener)
Save the page
- Go back to the tab Credentials
- Click on Create credentials -> OAuth client ID. Select Web application
- Enter a name (can be everything, and doesn't really matter) and add to Authorized redirect URI: https://www.wpcloudplugins.com/use-your-drive/index.php
- Insert the Client id and Client secret on the Plugin settings page, save the settings and Authorize the Plugin